**Cancelled** – Betty Pharoah Memorial Race 18th March
Due to the weather forecasts of Amber Warnings for Snow & Ice and after consultation with the commissaries, NEG and the local authority it’s with sadness that I’ve had to make the call to cancel Sunday’s races.
It’s not a decision I’ve taken lightly.
I’ve been monitoring the weather situation over the last few days and getting copies of more detailed forecasts provided to the Local Authority emergency planning team and the RAF. The closer we get to the race the worse the forecast has got.
With riders traveling from all over the UK I thought it only fair to make the call early enough so that they didn’t start their journey.
There’s nobody more disappointed about having to cancel the race than me. By this point all the hard work is done.
My primary concern at the moment is to get the message out and cancel everything that’s been booked for the race. After that I’ll look to see if the race can be rescheduled. I’ll be in touch with riders early next week with news of a new date or refunds of entry fees.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has already put in a lot of hard work in the organisation of the race. A special thank you also has to got to those people and agencies that have gone over and above over the last 48hrs to get me all the information possible before making the decision to cancel.
Race Organiser – Cardiff Ajax CC